Choosing a school for your child can be a really tricky and uncertain time as, understandably, you want to make the right decision both for your child and in choosing a school that resembles your own personal views, values and aspirations in education.
We are delighted that you are considering sending your child to All Saints, Datchworth and we are very confident of providing the best possible education for your child.
As a voluntary aided school, the school’s governing body is responsible for admissions. The school’s admission arrangements are detailed in the Admissions Policy, explaining how we will consider applications for every age group, including:
- the arrangements for selecting the pupils who apply
- the oversubscription criteria (how places are offered if there are more applicants than places)
- an explanation of the process parents need to follow if they want to apply for their child to attend this school.
There are two different types of admission to our school:
- Reception Admissions
- In-Year Admissions
Reception Admissions (for the start of the academic year):
- Children will start in Reception in the September following their fourth birthday. All Saints, Datchworth operates a single Reception intake policy.
- To aid this transition, children attend the morning session only in the first week of the school year, until the end of lunchtime in the second week and then commence full-time school days in the third week of term.
- This has worked extremely well in previous years, but if you have any concerns specific to your child, please do come and speak to staff.
In-Year Admissions (anytime other than the main point of intake above):
Due to changes in your circumstances, you may need to change the school your child attends. We have a maximum admission number of 30 children in any class throughout the school. Please call the school first to see if we actually have any spaces available and, if places are available, arrange to visit the school.
If you are unsure at all, please call the school office for help and advice or to arrange an opportunity to visit the school.
A welcome to new families to All Saints, Datchworth
We always look forward to welcoming new children and their families to All Saints C of E Primary School.
We are keen to offer you a virtual welcome and provide you with as much information as we can, ahead of you joining our school. In addition to the admissions pack and the school handbook, please view our 20-minute YouTube video, introducing our school and some of the key staff members and routines, which will be useful to know before starting at All Saints.
We’re not the most comfortable in front of the camera, so do forgive us if we do not come across as stars of the silver screen! But we hope this helps children become familiar with some of the faces and names in our school, helps parents/carers visualise how daily routines will work in school and that it gives you all an insight into life in our lovely village school.
All Saints C of E Primary Welcome Video
- Admissions Policy 2020-2021 (406KB)
- Admissions Policy 2021-2022 (435KB)
This policy includes a variation that is currently being requested from the OSA.
- Supplementary Information Form (401KB)
- Admission Appeals Timetable (201KB)