Choosing a school for your child can be a really tricky and uncertain time as, understandably, you want to make the right decision both for your child and in choosing a school that resembles your own personal views, values and aspirations in education.
We are delighted that you are considering sending your child to All Saints, Datchworth and we are very confident of providing the best possible education for your child.
As a voluntary aided school, the school’s governing body is responsible for admissions. The school’s admission arrangements are detailed in the Admissions Policy, explaining how we will consider applications for every age group, including:
- the arrangements for selecting the pupils who apply
- the oversubscription criteria (how places are offered if there are more applicants than places)
- an explanation of the process parents need to follow if they want to apply for their child to attend this school.
There are two different types of admission to our school:
- Reception Admissions
- In-Year Admissions
Reception Admissions (for the start of the academic year):
- Children will start in Reception in the September following their fourth birthday. All Saints, Datchworth operates a single Reception intake policy.
- To aid this transition, children attend the morning session only in the first week of the school year, until the end of lunchtime in the second week and then commence full-time school days in the third week of term.
- This has worked extremely well in previous years, but if you have any concerns specific to your child, please do come and speak to staff.
In-Year Admissions (anytime other than the main point of intake above):
Due to changes in your circumstances, you may need to change the school your child attends. We have a maximum admission number of 30 children in any class throughout the school. However, due to previous admissions numbers, this does differ for our current Key Stage 2 classes. Please call the school first to see if we actually have any spaces available and, if places are available, arrange to visit the school.
If you are unsure at all, please call the school office for help and advice or to arrange an opportunity to visit the school.
- Admissions Policy 2020-2021 (406KB)
- Admissions Policy 2019-2020 (405KB)
- Supplementary Information Form (363KB)
- Admission Appeals Timetable (132KB)