Home School Agreement
Our school will:
- Provide a safe and happy environment for the education of your child
- Encourage your child to do their best at all times and help them to make maximum progress in their learning and wider development
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum
- Expect children to value and respect others and the school environment
- Ensure that each classroom is a positive and stimulating learning environment
- Help children to understand their role in our village community
- Communicate effectively and sensitively with parents through:
- Regular meetings to discuss the progress of your child, indicating strengths and areas for development through individual targets
- Inform parents as soon as possible about any concern or problem that affects your child’s learning
- Provide clear information about home learning tasks.
- Provide information sessions on supporting children at home in specific curriculum areas.
- Provide opportunities for parents to become involved in school life.
- Provide information to parents through regular newsletters, e-mails, notices, open days and meetings.
- Make available on request all relevant school policies, for information.
As parents/carers, we will:
- See that my/our child attends school regularly and provide a written explanation for any absences
- Ensure my/our child is here on time for an 8:55am start and is collected on time
- Make sure my/our child wears suitable clothing in line with the School Uniform Policy, including PE
- Support my/our child with home learning tasks and ensure homework is returned within the set time.
- Let the school know of any concerns that may affect my/our child’s work or behaviour at school or ability to do home learning tasks.
- Support and work with the school with any behaviour management issues
- Work in partnership with the school to develop positive attitudes towards differences in gender, race, culture, religion, values, beliefs, age and need
- Foster a positive attitude towards education and the school and use discretion when discussing issues or grievances in front of children
- Support the school approach to online safety and not deliberately upload or add any images, video, sounds or text that could upset or offend any member of the school community
- Read and act upon any information sent home
- Attend parents evenings and discussions about my/our child’s progress/education
- Take an active interest in my/our child’s life at the school
As a pupil, I will:
- Attend school regularly and on time
- Wear my school uniform with pride and be tidy in appearance
- Make sure l have everything I need each day at school
- Do all my class work and home learning as well as l possibly can
- Be kind, polite and respectful to everyone
- Accept responsibility for the things I do
- Take good care of the building, equipment and school grounds
- Behave in a safe way
- Tell a member of staff if I am worried or unhappy
Permanent link to this article: https://datchworth.herts.sch.uk/parents/home-school-agreement/