- Monster Phonics Progression Map Year 1 (172.89KB)
- Year 1 Curriculum Topic Overview (144.11KB)
- Year 1 Curriculum Skills Overview (199.11KB)
- Year 1 Autumn Curriculum Information (139.54KB)
- Year 1 Spring Curriculum Information (365.17KB)
- Year 1 Summer Curriculum Information (419.98KB)
In Year 1, our children build on the skills they have begun to develop in the Early Years Foundation Stage. Through a careful period of transition, they have opportunities to learn in a similar way to Reception early on in the academic year and then gradually, as the children are ready, they begin to access the National Curriculum in an increasingly structured way. Pupils develop a good grounding and understanding of phonics through Letters and Sounds as they improve their basic reading and writing skills.