Year 2 marks the end of Key Stage 1 and children should have a sound grasp of the basics in reading, writing and mathematics by the time they move on to Key Stage 2.
In Year 2, children will continue to develop their skills and knowledge across the curriculum. As part of our English curriculum, they will have daily phonics lessons where they will follow the Monster Phonics long term plan. They will develop their understanding of grammar and punctuation and apply this to their writing in the form of different genres. Reading is a key area of the curriculum in Year 2. Children will have banded books to take home and read in addition to guided reading sessions that happen in school.
We cover a range of fantastic topics that really engage the learners. Please take a closer look at our overviews below.
- Year 2 Curriculum Topic Overview (129.10KB)
- Year 2 Curriculum Skills Overview (144.98KB)
- Year 2 Autumn 1 Curriculum Information (577.82KB)
- Year 2 Autumn 2 Curriculum Information (568.88KB)
- Year 2 Spring 1 Curriculum Information (625.62KB)
- Year 2 Spring 2 Curriculum Information (627.44KB)
- Year 2 Summer 1 Curriculum Information (531.56KB)
- Year 2 Summer 2 Curriculum Information (523.43KB)