Computing including use of the Internet, e-mail, laptops, digital cameras is an important part of learning in our school. We expect all children to be safe and responsible when using any form of technology, and children are closely supervised. Your child’s class teacher has discussed these general e-Safety rules with the class.
We ask that you support us in this and, in accordance with Hertfordshire guidelines, that you reinforce the importance of these rules.
Please discuss these general e-Safety rules with your child. If you have any concerns please contact the school office.
- I will only use ICT in school for school purposes.
- I will only use my class e-mail address or my own school e-mail address.
- I will make sure that all computing contact with other children and adults is responsible.
- I will not deliberately look for, save or send anything that could be unpleasant or nasty.
- If I accidentally find anything like this I will turn off my monitor and tell my teacher immediately.
- I will not send to children or adults anything that could be considered unpleasant or nasty.
- I will not give out my own details such as my name, phone number or home address.
- I will not arrange to meet someone unless this is part of a school project approved by my teacher and a responsible adult comes with me.
- I will be responsible for my behaviour when using any form of technology because I know that these rules are to keep me safe.
- I know that my use of technology can be checked and that my parent may be contacted if a member of school staff is concerned about my e-Safety.